英 语 试 卷
第Ⅰ卷（共 85 分）
第一部分： 听力 (共两节，满分20分)
做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。 第一节 (共5小题；每小题1分，满分5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. When can the man see the headmaster? A. At 9:30. A. He is ill. 3. What is Mike? A. A teacher.
B. A student. C. A writer. B. Communication industry. B. In her house.
C. Living far from companies. C. At an information desk.
4. What has made working at home possible? A. Personal computers. 5. Where is the woman? A. In a soap factory.
6. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. At home.
B. On a bus.
C. In the bank.
7. Why do the two speakers want to buy a car? A. They have a lot of money.
B. The man lives too far away from his office. C. The woman's office is too far away from her home. 听第7段材料，回答第8至10题。
8. Why won't Mr. Stone come to the clinic tomorrow? A. He can't spare the time.
B. At 11:45. C. At 12:40.
B. He wants to open it himself. C. The air inside is fresh enough.
2. Why does the man want to keep the window shut?
B. The clinic will be closed. C. Dr. Milton won't come to work. 9. When is the clinic open in a week? A. From Monday to Friday. B. On weekdays except Thursday. C. During the whole week.
10. What time has finally been fixed for Mr. Stone to come?
A. 5:30 p. m., Wednesday. B. 6:15 p. m., Wednesday. C. 6:15 p. m. 听第8段材料，回答第11至13题。
11. What's the relationship between the two speakers? A. Neighbors.
B. Doctor and patient. 12. When did the woman cough most seriously? A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon. 13. What did the man do for the woman? A. He examined the woman carefully.
B. He gave her some medicine and some advice as well. C. He just told her not to worry too much. 听第9段材料，回答第14至16题。
14. What's the possible relationship between the two speakers? A. Husband and wife. B. Friends. 15. Where does the conversation most probably take place? A. In a restaurant. B. At the woman s home. 16. What does the woman ask the man to do? A. Have some soup.
B. Have more rice.
听第10段材料，回答第17至20题。 17. What did Nicholas do at eighteen months？
A. He began to learn French. B. He read the newspaper. 18. Why was Nicholas bored and unhappy at the two schools? A. He had too much homework.
B. He almost couldn't learn anything special. C. His teachers often corrected his spelling. 19. Who offered to help Nicholas finally?
A. His classmates. B. His parents.
20. What is Nicholas' life like now? A. Busy without any social life. B. Full but boring.
C. Busy at college and free at home.
C. Friends. C. At night.
C. Strangers. C. At the man's home.
C. Bring his wife next time.
C. He took telephone messages. C. A college.
第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
请认真阅读下面各题，从题中所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21. While many people see their cars as an _______ of their individual freedom, to me, owning a car is a burden, and living in the city is a double burden.
A. existence B. extension C. explanation D. expectation
22. The organization is urging people to _______ goods from companies that use child labor and abuse animals.
A. exclude B. boycott C. chain D. crease 23. —Mother always tells me to show my _______ self.
—I couldn’t agree more. It’s better to be hated for what we are than loved for what we are not. A. merry B. real C. normal D. original 24. All truths are easy to understand _______ hey are discovered; the point is to discover them
A. before B. once C. until D. because
25. Mike is tall and strong. In other words, he has got what it _______ to become a good basketball player.
A. costs B. offers C. takes D. involves
26. In fact, only hard work in combination with proper methods will give you an advantage _______ others.
A. against B. beyond C. over D. for
27. As long as you’re clear about _______ you want to go, the rest of the world will either help you get there or get out of the way.
A. when B. why C. where D. how
28. During the race, we had a bad weather—what’s called a ―white-out‖ —_______ visibility is very poor.
A. that B. why C. where D. how 29. —I will call in at the supermarket on my way home. Is there anything you want? —Oh, nothing _______.
A. in particular B. in addition C. in all D. in general 30. There’s _______ that makes my blood boil more than when I see someone parking in a parking spot that is reserved for the disabled.
A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
31. Maxwell is a long-time editor at The New Yorker whose novels are a treasure: elegant, accessible and loved by nearly everyone who ______.
A. picks them up B. looks them up C. goes over them D. takes over them
32. I ______ a report about the environment here over the last few days, which I have to hand in next week.
A. wrote B. was writing C. had written D. have been writing
33. Athletes compete alone and are allowed to be accompanied by a two-man team _______ with food and mental support.
A. to be helped B. to have been helped C. to help D. to have helped
34. The kids, who are brought up on a diet of soap operas and online games, seldom, _______ participate in a