英 语 试 卷
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening Comprehension (听力理解) (共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (共6分)
A B C D
E F G H 1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______ 5. ______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案) (共8分) 7. A) On Monday. B) On Tuesday. C) On Wednesday. D) On Sunday. 8. A) He doesn’t sleep well. B) He has a headache.
C) He has a stomachache. D) He is running a fever. 9. A) Playing chess. B) Drawing. C) Swimming. D) Speaking French. 10. A) The story of the movie. B) The stars in the movie.
C) The music of the movie. D) The actions in the movie. 11. A) On foot. B) By bus. C) By taxi. D) By underground. 12. A) In a bookshop. B) At a restaurant. C) In a hotel. D) At a bank. 13. A) She thinks it is necessary for the man to get a job. B) She believes that the man can get the job. C) She suggests the man be more friendly.
D) She admits it’s a hard job for the man to do.
14. A) The traffic problem. B) A supermarket.
C) The parking problem. D) A conference.
C. Listen to the dialogue and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的对话内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示) (共6分) 15. Mark is thinking about studying for a university degree in Australia. 16. His two cousins help him know about Australia better.
17. One of his classmates couldn’t get used to the customs in the UK. 18. Mark hasn’t told his parents about his plan of going abroad yet.
19. He is excited about studying abroad though he has some small worry. 20. Miss Lee thinks Mark has got fully prepared for being away from home.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格
21. Pearl Sydenstricker Buck was a very popular . 22. She spent almost her long life in China.
23. As her mother , she knew much about different cultures. 24. She China as a teacher after her graduation in 1914. 25. She won the Nobel Prize in 1938 and died , 1973.
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) (共20分)
26. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from others? A) What animal jumps highest? C) My father is a businessman. B) Here is an invitation from a club. D) He found it was a dull party. 27. The artist had to delay his exhibition. Which of the following is correct for the underlined letter in the word? A) [?]
28. The smart phone makes it easier for us to keep in _______ touch with each other. A) a
29. Hurry up! The fashion show is going to start _______ 8:00 p.m. A) for
30. We should be thankful to our parents for looking after _______. A) we
31. Both ties look good on Jack. I think he can choose _______ of them. A) either
32. Have you heard _______ a book named Gone with the Wind? A) with
B) from C) to D) of
33. I showed Elsa two dresses and she said she preferred the pink _______. A) one
B) the one
D) the ones
34. With the yellow wall papers, Kitty’s bedroom is a little _______ than Cindy’s. A) bright
D) the brightest
35. I had already learnt a lot about that famous scientist _______ I met him. A) until
36. On snowy days, a driver must drive as _______ as possible. A) careless
37. -- Have you seen Jane? I can’t find her anywhere.
-- She_______ tomato sauce with her mother in the kitchen now. A) prepares
B) is preparing
D) has prepared 38. Mr. Anderson asked his students _______ the experiment quietly. A) observe
C) to observe
39. The old lady is sick. Let’s go out and let her _______ a good rest. A) take
C) to take
40. Ann said she _______ the result of their group discussion in the following class. A) reports
C) would report
D) had reported
41. Thanks to the kind policeman, we _______ the train yesterday. A) don’t miss
B) didn’t miss
C) haven’t missed
D) won’t miss
42. -- _______ is it from your new neighbourhood to the museum? -- Twenty minutes’ ride. A) How often
B) How much
C) How long
D) How far
43. -- Must I take the pills after the meals?
-- No, you _______. It’s OK if you take them before the meals. A) mustn’t
44. -- You look so pretty in this photo. -- _______
A) Thank you. B) Not at all. C) My pleasure. D) That’s right.
45. -- It’s too hard. I don’t think I can.
-- _______ A) Take care. B) All right. C) Of course.
D) Just try it.
III. Complete the following passage with the words and phrases in the box. Each word or phrase can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每个单词或词组只能填一次）（共8分） A. polite B. attitudes C. deal with D. make money E. tired Joanna and Peter have been married for over ten years. Although they love each other, they have different 46 to family responsibilities. Joanna believes that men and women should both take care of a family. Peter, however, thinks that looking after a family is the responsibility of a wife. He always says to Joanna, ―My job is to 47 for the family. You know how busy I am. I feel very 48 at work and after work. You have an easy life. You have no problems to 49 . You just have to take care of the kids.‖ One day when Joanna heard this again, she got so angry that she decided to visit her mother for a few days and leave the kids with Peter. He said, ―No problem! It’ll be easy.‖ A. unfortunately B. apologize C. customers D. gain E. loudly On the first morning, Peter got dressed and prepared breakfast for the kids. But 50 , Jessica refused to eat. ―Oh please, Jessica. Eat for daddy!‖ Peter said to Jessica. However, she looked at her dad and said nothing. Just at that time, Jane couldn’t find her school books while Tom was stuck under the chair, shouting and crying. Suddenly Peter heard the two girls arguing 51 because Jessica was sitting on Jane’s book. Peter couldn’t believe it. ―I am responsible for fifty workers. I have to talk to hundreds of 52 , but I can’t even manage my
family.‖ Peter called his wife to 53 and said, ―Dear, if my kids were my workers, I would tell them to go! I am sorry. Let’s take care of the family together.‖
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their suitable forms（用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）（共8分）
54. They need many electric to wash the wine bottles. (brush)
55. It’s surprising that the kids have made the lovely lanterns by . (they) 56. You need to press the button to turn off the radio. (five)
57. We found that army life had changed the young man . (complete) 58. Although my dad is , he always remembers my birthday. (forget) 59. Look! The in front of all other actresses is my sister. (dance) 60. With the help of many strangers, I found my train ticket. (lose) 61. It may not take a long time to find a to the problem. (solve)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词）
62. The couples are going to spend their holiday on an island. （改为一般疑问句） the couples to spend their holiday on an island?
63. The network in this office will be ready in less than five minutes. （对划线部分提问）
will the network in this office be ready?
64. The audience arrived at the theatre very early. （改为感叹句）
the audience arrived at the theatre!
65. It takes time for children to learn to be independent.（保持句意基本不变） It takes time for children to learn to themselves.
66. The computer system will keep your tickets for three days. （改为被动语态） Your tickets will by the computer system for three days. 67. ―Where can I buy some postcards?‖ the tourist wondered.（改为宾语从句）
The tourist wondered he buy some postcards? 68. left, Linda’s, I, on, desk, message, a（连词成句）
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VI. Reading comprehension (阅读理解) (共50分)
A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案) ( 12分)
Thanks for your email. It’s great to have a pen pal from another country. My name is Jeff, and my family has a farm in Australia. We grow wheat and other crops on our farm. Let me tell you what happened here last week.
Until last week, our plants had been growing well because we’ve had a lot of rain. Then the locusts came. They flew towards our farm in a swarm(一大群), which contained millions of locusts and covered an area of several square kilometers. The locusts came from an area far away. They had flown through the night.
Early the next morning, I went outside with Dad. We looked at the swarm in the sky. I had never seen so many animals together at a time. Dad said there was nothing we could do for the crops. I wasn’t afraid, because locusts don’t hurt people.
The swarm landed in our fields, and the locusts ate most of our wheat. We lost a lot of our harvest. Then the locusts flew to other farms in our area and ate some of those crops, too.
I didn’t go to school that day, because the swarm of locusts made it hard for drivers to see on the roads and the school bus didn’t run. Instead, I helped Mum and Dad on the farm.
The locust plague(灾祸) is over now, and the locusts have all gone. Mum and Dad said we must get the damaged fields ready for the new plants. We are going to be very busy on the farm. Email me again soon.
Your new friend, Jeff
69. Jeff’s family runs a in Australia. A) factory B) restaurant C) company D) farm 70. The weather in Jeff’s hometown this year is helpful . A) for plants to grow B) to people’s health
C) for animals to grow D) to the local industry